Roper St. Francis Hospital at Carnes Crossroads to be Part of Award-winning Health Care System
July 7, 2016 | Around Town
Now in the design phase, the new Roper St. Francis Berkeley Hospital at Carnes Crossroads will be part of an award-winning health care system. The accolades have been pouring in for various Roper facilities throughout the Charleston region over the last six months:
- Most recently, Roper St. Francis earned the 2016 Excellence in Healthcare President’s Award from Professional Research Consultants (PRC), Inc. for its “extraordinary contribution to healthcare.” This is the second time the organization has received the honor.
- In February, Roper Hospital in downtown Charleston, Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant, and Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital in West Ashley were all named to Truven Health Analytics’ “Top 100 Hospitals of 2016.” Truven uses independent, quantitative research to identify U.S. hospitals with the best overall performance. The study examined inpatient and outpatient care, operational efficiency, financial health and customer perception of care.
- Truven also honored Roper St. Francis for the fourth consecutive year as one of the “Top 15 Health Systems.” The study analyzed 338 health systems and 2,912 hospitals that are members of health systems. Roper is one of nine hospitals or health care systems nationwide to earn the distinction for four years or longer.
- Roper’s Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital in West Ashley received one of Truven’s esteemed “Everest Awards,” which recognizes facilities that are setting benchmarks for both long-term improvement and highest current year performance.
- Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital was recognized as “One of the 100 Great Hospitals in America” by Becker’s Hospital Review in May 2016.
- Bon Secours and Roper hospitals earned the highest quality marks possible in seven categories in the “2015 Comparion CareChex Hospital Quality Ratings,” including overall hospital care. Both were ranked number one in South Carolina in several different areas.
For the Carnes Crossroads community, the Roper St. Francis health system’s recent awards will add up to an exceptional experience for those who will be served at the new Berkeley Hospital.
Architectural plans are now coming together for the new state-of-the-art facility that will serve as the centerpiece of Roper’s healthcare campus at Carnes Crossroads. A site plan is expected to be released in the very near future. The 90-acre campus, to include a 140,000 square foot, 50-bed hospital and an adjacent 60,000 square foot medical office building, is slated to open in 2019 and will include obstetrics, physical therapy, infusion therapy, radiology and imaging services, an emergency department, and a pharmacy.
Watch our blog for future updates on the development of this fabulous resource for our community!