Weekly Update: 8/28/2020
Virtual Guessing Game #2:
Thanks to everyone who participated in the first virtual contest. We had such a good response rate, we thought we’d do it again!
Guess how many Mini Tootsie Roll Pops are stuck in the brick pictured below and send your guess to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on September 2nd, 2020. The person to guess closest to the correct number without going over will win a gift card! The winner will be announced in Friday’s email update on 9/4/2020. The prize will be delivered to the winner’s address. In the event of a tie, we will reach out to the contenders with a second challenge to determine a winner. Let the guessing begin!
Are you watering your lawn in the rain?
Many new residents are unfamiliar with their irrigation systems, so here are a few things to know that can save you money and our precious water source. Typically when a new irrigation system is installed, the landscape company sets the system to run every day to keep the new plants alive. Once the plants are established, the number of days and length of watering each area can be reduced. Purchasing a rain sensor will help cut down your water bill. These can be found at Site One, Home Depot, Lowes, and Amazon. Below are links to help guide you through the process of adjusting your irrigation timer as well as some helpful watering tips.
- The Exercise Stations have been spruced up with new mulch. These are a great amenity for those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Newly renovated canvas windows are now installed at the Green Barn for your use. Please use caution when putting them up and down ensuring you use each fastener to secure the windows and make sure they do not flap in the wind.
- Residents may now rent the Green Barn for a less expensive rate. The new rates are $200 for Residents and $800 for Non-Residents.
Other Reminders and Helpful Links:
- Memorial Bench and Tree Donation information form and application are posted on the Resources section of carnespoa.org.
- Did you know? You can use carnespoa.org as a web address that will take you directly to the resident information on our website.
- Want to join a St. Jude Walk/Run team? The POA office has a Team “SC CCMC,” and Carnes neighbor Ryoko Abbott also has a group “Carnes Crossroads Cruisers” if anyone would like to join us, please register under the team name by clicking the team name link in blue.
- Past Weekly Updates
- Carnes Crossroads Design Guidelines, Modification Application
- Construction Guidelines