CARNES CROSSROADS HOLIDAY LUMINARIES
Join your neighbors for this fun, community effort!
• The plan is for a community-wide luminary display for Christmas Eve. Our hope is that you will consider participating this year and that we make it a holiday tradition that we all look forward to in years to come.
• Each luminary purchased will include the bag, the candle, and the sand.
• A sand pile will be placed in the parking area near The Barn and participants will take their bags to the sand pile to fill bags-a great holiday activity for the little ones!
• In planning for your number of bags. You are free to order any number of luminaries you like, but to create the beautiful effect that we’d like to achieve, it is recommended that we display 10 luminaries per home with corner lots displaying 15. Again…this is your choice.
• If you are the creative sort and want to make your luminaries stand out, you might take a gander at all the wonderful ideas on Pinterest for decorating your bag.
• Below please review the keys dates. It’s important to submit your form by 30 November as we will order bags, candles and sand based on the number of participants we have. It’s uncertain as to whether or not we’ll have an extras for those who don’t order initially.
• If you will be out of town during the luminary display, please considering participating anyway, and asking a neighbor to set out your bags.
30 NOVEMBER: Deadline to submit your $$$ and order form to the neighborhood Sales Center. (A brightly packaged gift with a bow and a tag will be placed for your convenience to drop off forms/money. It’s recommended that you place both in an envelope. Cash or checks are accepted. Checks should be made to Deborah Diz.)
15 DECEMBER: The Luminary Team will assemble bags and candles.
16 DECEMBER: The Luminary Team will distribute bags to neighbors participating. Water-proof zip-lock bags will be left on your porch with your supplies
24 DECEMBER: Luminary Lighting! Sometime between 6-630pm.
25 DECEMBER: Rain date if it’s wet Christmas Eve (Same time)
31 DECEMBER: If Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are both rainy
Are you a “Luminary Team” wannabe?
We plan to gather in The Barn to assemble bags and candles on 15 DEC.
If you’d like to join us for the effort, I’m sure your help would be welcome.
The same will be the case when it comes time to distribute the bags to individual homes.
LUMINARY ORDER FORM
FAMILY NAME:____________________________ STREET ADDRESS:_____________________
NUMBER OF LUMNARIES: ________@$1.00 EACH = $_________ AMOUNT DUE
PLEASE ENCLOSE THIS FORM AND PAYMENT IN AN ENVELOPE AND INSERT INTO LABELED CHRISTMAS PACKAGE AT THE CARNES CROSSROADS SALES CENTER.
(CHECKS SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO DEBORAH DIZ.)