- This event has passed.
Walk for the Fallen
July 8, 2017 @ 3:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
The Walk for the Fallen is an annual fundraising event, organized by Black Force MMA in Summerville, SC to benefit a local veteran’s charity. Participants walk to show their support for U.S. service members who have served, who currently serve, and who have sacrificed life and limb to protect our country. This is the fourth year this event has taken place and the organizers are hoping for the largest turnout yet! Here are some details about the event:
- Participants will walk nearly 30 miles from Summerville, SC to Patriots Point, Mount Pleasant, SC.
- This year there is the option of individual and team registration. Individual registration is for those who wish to complete the walk on their own. Team registration can include up to 5 members.
- Once participants reach the Ravenel Bridge all team and individual members will walk in unity to the end location at Patriots Point.
- There will be a ceremony at the flag pole to honor those who served.
- Food and drinks will be provided to participants and their families at the conclusion of the event.
- Additional friends and family are encouraged to cheer on participants and to pre-purchase a BBQ dinner.
- For every $5.00 donation, there is the option to add a service members name to the Honor Cloth which will be recognized during the closing ceremonies.
- T-shirts are for sale for $25.00.
For any additional questions please contact the Event Coordinator, Teri Bradshaw, at email@example.com.