Demand for Lifestyle Amenities on the Rise
July 25, 2014 | Real Estate
Among the top trends in real estate today is the rising demand for homes in communities that offer amenities that promote healthy lifestyles. This was a topic of much discussion at the annual National Association of Real Estate Editors Conference last month, where editors shared what stories and topics they are getting the most reaction to this year. It’s also a trend that we’re experiencing directly here at Carnes Crossroads.
“In a recent survey of our prospects, 71% rated amenities like trails and parks as ‘very important’ to their purchase decision,” says Chuck Buck, Broker-in-charge at Carnes Crossroads Real Estate.
Home buyers of all ages – from young families to retirees – are increasingly seeking homes located in walkable communities with direct access to trails and bike paths. Editors at the NAREE Conference also reported an increasing interest in nature-oriented amenities and outdoor fitness opportunities.
Amenities and design that promote healthy lifestyles are at the core of the community that is developing here at Carnes Crossroads:
- Homes at Carnes Crossroads will be within walking distance of neighborhood parks like the Village Green in our first neighborhood, St. Thomas Park.
- A series of large lakes will offer scenic natural views and recreational opportunities like fishing and kayaking.
- A community-wide network of scenic recreational trails will provide opportunities for walking, jogging, biking and environmentally-friendly transportation.
- The new 25-meter swimming pool at Carnes Crossroads is designed for both competitive swimming and play, with a beach entry, lap lanes and children’s play area, providing recreational opportunities for all ages.
- The recently renovated Green Barn is outfitted with games and recreational fun – a perfect space for special events and activities of all kinds.
Daily access to amenities like these is what makes the Carnes Crossroads lifestyle so special!