Registration is now open for the 18th annual Thrivent Financial Race for the ARK. The race is set for Saturday, August 26th in Downtown Summerville. The ARK provides comprehensive support services to families living with Alzheimer’s or related dementia. Here are a few details regarding the race:
- This race includes a 5K run/walk and 1-mile fun run – both races begin and end at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 206 Central Avenue in Summerville.
- The USATF-certified course winds through historic downtown Summerville. The 5K begins at 7:45 a.m. and the 1-mile fun run kicks off at 8:45 a.m.
- Awards will be given to the top three overall male and female winners as well as in several age groups. Plus, $100 will awarded to the first male and female to break the course records (15:40 male and 17:51 female).
- Early Bird Registration Promo Code: ARKRUN17 Through Aug. 24, registration is $35 with T-shirt for the 5K run/walk and $25 for without T-shirt and $10 for the 1-mile fun run or $30 for a family of four.
- Registration and packet pickup will be noon to 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 25 and from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. on race day in St. Luke’s Fellowship Hall.
- Businesses can create teams of five or more as part of the Corporate Challenge.
For more information on Corporate Team Challenge, Youth Team Challenge, and Sponsorship opportunities contact Megan Severn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Register for the race online at www.thearkofsc.org For questions, call 843-832-2357.