- This event has passed.
Lowcountry Race for the Cure
October 21, 2017 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am EDT$20 - $35
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series is the world’s largest, most successful fundraising and education event for breast cancer. The race series includes more than 140 events on four continents, with over one million participants coming together every year to take part in the fight against breast cancer.
This important annual event raises significant funds for the breast cancer movement, thanks to supporters and survivors around the world who step up and take action by fundraising for the cause.
A Global Impact
Race for the Cure® truly makes an impact, with 100 percent of the net proceeds allocated to our mission:
- 75 percent of the net income stays in our community to help fund local programs offering breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment.
- The remaining 25 percent goes toward Susan G. Komen® Research and Training Grants program.
In addition to raising funds for the breast cancer movement, Race for the Cure® also increases awareness, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
Racing for the Cure is More Than Pink™
Every year, in cities around the globe, our allies Race for the Cure® and prove they are More Than Pink™.
These passionate supporters and survivors are not content to simply say they support the breast cancer cause, or wear a pink ribbon. They turn their support into action. They recognize the need to raise funds for the fight against breast cancer, and they get to work.
WHY THEY FUNDRAISE
Why do they fundraise for breast cancer cures?
- Because 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Because every 19 seconds, somewhere in the world, a case of breast cancer is diagnosed in a woman.
- Because every 60 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer; every 13 minutes, one woman in the U.S. will lose her life to breast cancer.
- Because breast cancer knows no boundaries. It affects people of every age, gender, socio-economic status and location.
- Because at the current rate, 13 million breast cancer deaths will occur around the world in the next 25 years.
- Because it’s time to go beyond breast cancer awareness. It’s time to take action!
Join Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® here on Daniel Island, Saturday, October 21st. Gates open and festivities begin at 7:00 am! Click HERE to register.